Camp Inc., a Jewish business and entrepreneurial camp located in Steamboat Springs, CO, used Reboot’s Six-Word Memoirs on Jewish Life as an activity for campers. Large pieces of paper were placed on the floor of the gym with topics for people to respond to. Everyone walked around, looked at the topics, and left pieces of paper with their individual 6 word memoirs based on the prompted text. Then, the leader chose a handful of them to discuss as a larger group. The ensuing activity had campers move from side to side, in agreement, disagreement, or undecided on what the six-word memoir, written by one of their peers, said. The larger ideas that were placed on the floor were...
- Israel, "Always feels like home to me"
- Religion "connected in some ways _ it's complicated
- Jewish history, "amazing that we are still here"
- Jewish Food, "My grandma’s matzah ball soup __ wow!"
- Jewish Camp, "Birkat Hamazon, always bang on tables"
- Jewish Humor, "Culture in which I am immersed"